Since GoldieBlox first came on the market in 2014 as what we believe to be the first little girls toy engineering set in the world. Well! It has been nothing short of a runaway success.
If you have followed our blogs, you will know that our little girl loves the GoldieBlox set. The original one being GoldieBlox and the Spinning Machine. Sienna has played with the spinning machine when she turned 4. As a side note, this is the suitable age for most of the GoldieBlox games, 4+.
Back to our story. When Sienna plays with this set, she has hours of fun and even creates a few inventions we are not sure the set was made for :).
The last time she was playing with the set, she was singing “I am an engineer.” We know that Debbie Sterling the founder of GoldieBlox would be very happy about this.
If you are looking for an educational game for your daughter, the GoldieBlox range just might be what you are after. Yes, they now have a range, that is how well this product has been received around the world. As far as educational games go for little girls, this is a wonderful addition.
The range now includes:
1. GoldieBlox and the spinning machine. Which in 2014 won the educational games and People Toy Choice of the Year Award. In this game, Goldie builds a spinning machine to help her little Dog, who is named Nacho chase his tale.
2. The Sequel is the Parade Float. It is a wonderful first addition to the range. In this story, Goldie sets out to help her friend Katinka when she loses a pageant competition. Goldie and Ruby want to help Katinka learn that friends are far more important than any pageant.
3. Next in the line-up is GoldieBlox and the Dunk Tank. Goldie Dog Nacho does not like taking baths. In fact, Nacho hates water. So Goldie has created a contraption that will clean Nacho. Goldie, of course, creates a Dunk Tank, I mean what else would you create :). It teaches children about hinges and levers, and also lets Goldie and Nacho get to the carnival on time.
And we are very excited about the new additions in 2015.
4. GoldieBlox and the Movie Machine. This educational game introduces children into the concept of making their own movies. In this story, Goldie and her friends need to create a movie, so the Bloxtown Film Festival is not canceled. Your children will learn how to build zoetrope, a pre-cinema animation device.
And for the first time GoldieBlox introduce new characters + pieces. It is also great that all pieces are backward compatible with Goldie Blox sets. The new characters Li Gravity and Valentina Voltz are the first male Latina characters in the range.
This educational game comes with an app, and your children can make their movies. The app was named one of the App Stories Best iPad Apps of 2014.
5. GoldieBlox Zipline Action Figure - This educational game helps girls develop their suspension engineering principles by building Goldie a Zipline to get her soaring.
6. The Builders Survival Kit - As far as educational games go, this one is for the most adventurous innovator. It has 190 pieces and promises hours of fun for your daughter or son. From cars to bands, to dog houses your little one's imagination can run wild.
This one has all of Goldies secret inventions. So whether you have a budding engineer or advanced architect at home they will be occupied. They have the freedom to choose the difficulty of what they create.
This one is suitable for little ones aged 7-12.
At the outset, we spoke about Debbie desire to bring engineering Educational games to little girls. As the GoldieBlox range has grown, this is a toy that is suitable for girls and boys alike.
The educational games teach children spatial skills, creativity, motor skills, basic engineering principles, reading skills, and problem-solving. Last but not least, the most important skill of all in our opinion, confidence.
We are 110% behind this range, and we have been since Debbie first launched. We know your children will love these educational games as much our little ones do.
To see the full GoldieBlox range or all our educational games, simply click here.