Since GoldieBlox first came on the market in 2014 as what we believe to be the first little girls toy engineering set in the world. Well! It has been nothing short of a runaway success.
If you have followed our blogs, you will know that our little girl loves the GoldieBlox set. The original one being GoldieBlox and the Spinning Machine. Sienna has played with the spinning machine when she turned 4. As a side note, this is the suitable age for most of the GoldieBlox games, 4+.
Back to our story. When Sienna plays with this set, she has hours of fun and even creates a few inventions we are not sure the set was made for :).
The last time she was playing with the set, she was singing “I am an engineer.” We know that Debbie Sterling the founder of GoldieBlox would be very happy about this.
If you are looking for an educational game for your daughter, the GoldieBlox range just might be what you are after. Yes, they now have a range, that is how well this product has been received around the world. As far as educational games go for little girls, this is a wonderful addition.
The range now includes:
1. GoldieBlox and the spinning machine. Which in 2014 won the educational games and People Toy Choice of the Year Award. In this game, Goldie builds a spinning machine to help her little Dog, who is named Nacho chase his tale.
2. The Sequel is the Parade Float. It is a wonderful first addition to the range. In this story, Goldie sets out to help her friend Katinka when she loses a pageant competition. Goldie and Ruby want to help Katinka learn that friends are far more important than any pageant.
3. Next in the line-up is GoldieBlox and the Dunk Tank. Goldie Dog Nacho does not like taking baths. In fact, Nacho hates water. So Goldie has created a contraption that will clean Nacho. Goldie, of course, creates a Dunk Tank, I mean what else would you create :). It teaches children about hinges and levers, and also lets Goldie and Nacho get to the carnival on time.
And we are very excited about the new additions in 2015.
4. GoldieBlox and the Movie Machine. This educational game introduces children into the concept of making their own movies. In this story, Goldie and her friends need to create a movie, so the Bloxtown Film Festival is not canceled. Your children will learn how to build zoetrope, a pre-cinema animation device.
And for the first time GoldieBlox introduce new characters + pieces. It is also great that all pieces are backward compatible with Goldie Blox sets. The new characters Li Gravity and Valentina Voltz are the first male Latina characters in the range.
This educational game comes with an app, and your children can make their movies. The app was named one of the App Stories Best iPad Apps of 2014.
5. GoldieBlox Zipline Action Figure - This educational game helps girls develop their suspension engineering principles by building Goldie a Zipline to get her soaring.
6. The Builders Survival Kit - As far as educational games go, this one is for the most adventurous innovator. It has 190 pieces and promises hours of fun for your daughter or son. From cars to bands, to dog houses your little one's imagination can run wild.
This one has all of Goldies secret inventions. So whether you have a budding engineer or advanced architect at home they will be occupied. They have the freedom to choose the difficulty of what they create.
This one is suitable for little ones aged 7-12.
At the outset, we spoke about Debbie desire to bring engineering Educational games to little girls. As the GoldieBlox range has grown, this is a toy that is suitable for girls and boys alike.
The educational games teach children spatial skills, creativity, motor skills, basic engineering principles, reading skills, and problem-solving. Last but not least, the most important skill of all in our opinion, confidence.
We are 110% behind this range, and we have been since Debbie first launched. We know your children will love these educational games as much our little ones do.
To see the full GoldieBlox range or all our educational games, simply click here.
We absolutely love Magna Tiles Australia, and if you are familiar with them no doubt, you love Magna Tiles too. If not let us explain not only the benefits of Magna Tiles for your children, but why they are such a wonderful and unique product.
They make a wonderful toy for boys or girls, and are popular with both for either birthdays, christmas, any special occasion or if you just want that educational toy to entertain them for hours while developing their little minds in the process.
For girls and boys of three years of age and up, they were one of the best toys in 2014, 2015 and now 2016. Magna Tiles are “where math, science, creativity meet.”
Please read our Review on Playmags vs Magna Tiles if you need help deciding on which set to buy.
These tiles are magnetic, and attract on all sides and in all manner of combinations. Enabling young boys and girls to create pyramids, cubes, and many different geometric shapes. Our daughter is currently building little box and triangle houses for her toys.
The Magna Tiles are fun for children because they give them a "hands on" approach to learning. Boys and Girls are able to critically think through play. This happens when the tiles do not lineup the way the child imagines and your boy or girl will need to think through alternatives. This is great for developing a creative mindset.
The Magna Tiles access the right side of the brain, training through simple fun and construction. This helps with math and spatial relationships, by creative building.
It is quite surprising how many development areas the magna tiles impact in young children. The areas include pattern recognition spotting similar shapes like a triangle. Identifying different shapes and colours, spotting how shapes are symmetrical when joined together.
The Magna Tiles are also great for developing fine motor skills. They are ideal for understanding how magnets work, and magnetic principles. They are wonderful for building skills, and developing your child’s imagination. The building options feel endless.
Outside of being a great product for developing your son or daughter, they are also a multiple toy winner.
They have won the:
Sorry to have listed so many Awards, however one of the things we feel as parents, with so many toys on the market today its good to know that you're buying a toy that's well regarded and recognized by the toy industry.
If we were selecting toys for our children (we do all the time :)). We too would want to know if they were award winners, and how they might help our children develop.
This is why we love Magna Tiles, and we know you and your little ones will as well. Great for Boys and Girls 3 years +
For our complete range of Magna Tiles and other Magnetic Tiles, please click here.
What some of Our Customers have to say about Magna Tiles:
"Great product my grandchildren love them,very creative" by Shelia L
"An excellent purchase from a great seller. I love this construction toy. This is the third set I have bought. Two for grandchildren who live in the UK and this one for granddaughter who lives here in Oz. I highly recommend this to all. 10/10" by Wendy O