Since GoldieBlox first came on the market in 2014 as what we believe to be the first little girls toy engineering set in the world. Well! It has been nothing short of a runaway success.
If you have followed our blogs, you will know that our little girl loves the GoldieBlox set. The original one being GoldieBlox and the Spinning Machine. Sienna has played with the spinning machine when she turned 4. As a side note, this is the suitable age for most of the GoldieBlox games, 4+.
Back to our story. When Sienna plays with this set, she has hours of fun and even creates a few inventions we are not sure the set was made for :).
The last time she was playing with the set, she was singing “I am an engineer.” We know that Debbie Sterling the founder of GoldieBlox would be very happy about this.
If you are looking for an educational game for your daughter, the GoldieBlox range just might be what you are after. Yes, they now have a range, that is how well this product has been received around the world. As far as educational games go for little girls, this is a wonderful addition.
The range now includes:
1. GoldieBlox and the spinning machine. Which in 2014 won the educational games and People Toy Choice of the Year Award. In this game, Goldie builds a spinning machine to help her little Dog, who is named Nacho chase his tale.
2. The Sequel is the Parade Float. It is a wonderful first addition to the range. In this story, Goldie sets out to help her friend Katinka when she loses a pageant competition. Goldie and Ruby want to help Katinka learn that friends are far more important than any pageant.
3. Next in the line-up is GoldieBlox and the Dunk Tank. Goldie Dog Nacho does not like taking baths. In fact, Nacho hates water. So Goldie has created a contraption that will clean Nacho. Goldie, of course, creates a Dunk Tank, I mean what else would you create :). It teaches children about hinges and levers, and also lets Goldie and Nacho get to the carnival on time.
And we are very excited about the new additions in 2015.
4. GoldieBlox and the Movie Machine. This educational game introduces children into the concept of making their own movies. In this story, Goldie and her friends need to create a movie, so the Bloxtown Film Festival is not canceled. Your children will learn how to build zoetrope, a pre-cinema animation device.
And for the first time GoldieBlox introduce new characters + pieces. It is also great that all pieces are backward compatible with Goldie Blox sets. The new characters Li Gravity and Valentina Voltz are the first male Latina characters in the range.
This educational game comes with an app, and your children can make their movies. The app was named one of the App Stories Best iPad Apps of 2014.
5. GoldieBlox Zipline Action Figure - This educational game helps girls develop their suspension engineering principles by building Goldie a Zipline to get her soaring.
6. The Builders Survival Kit - As far as educational games go, this one is for the most adventurous innovator. It has 190 pieces and promises hours of fun for your daughter or son. From cars to bands, to dog houses your little one's imagination can run wild.
This one has all of Goldies secret inventions. So whether you have a budding engineer or advanced architect at home they will be occupied. They have the freedom to choose the difficulty of what they create.
This one is suitable for little ones aged 7-12.
At the outset, we spoke about Debbie desire to bring engineering Educational games to little girls. As the GoldieBlox range has grown, this is a toy that is suitable for girls and boys alike.
The educational games teach children spatial skills, creativity, motor skills, basic engineering principles, reading skills, and problem-solving. Last but not least, the most important skill of all in our opinion, confidence.
We are 110% behind this range, and we have been since Debbie first launched. We know your children will love these educational games as much our little ones do.
To see the full GoldieBlox range or all our educational games, simply click here.
You are not going to believe this toy. The Engino Toy System Inventor is one of the coolest toys ever created.
As you know Thomas Edison is a famous inventor, in fact one of the most prolific inventors to have ever lived. He invented and held patents for over 1,000 inventions including the light bulb.
He was relentless in his pursuit of new ideas and his desire to improve the world. It is believed he tried over ten thousand variations of the light bulb, before finding light :).
Now if Thomas Edison had a toy like the Engino inventor when he was little, he might have invented the light bulb earlier, or with fewer attempts. Of course, we are just theorising for fun.
However, the Engino Inventor basic 25 model set is amazing. Your child can create 25 different motor powered models.
Yes, that is right, motor powered Engino models. This ranges from a car, plane, bulldozer, helicopter, racing car, truck, crane, and robotic dog just to name a few.
The Engino Toy System inventor basic has been designed to maximise creativity, and your child’s imagination.
The list of awards it has won is almost endless. However let us name a few for you.
The Engino Toy System Inventor has won:
If you are after a toy that builds your child’s spatial intelligence, imagination, and motor skills this is the one.
The Engino Inventor 25 Basic comes with:
✓ 110 pieces and 475 connecting points.
✓ Printed instructions, and downloadable additional instructions
✓ It is compatible with the rest of the Engino series. Yes, unlike other more known brands, you can link the series together.
✓ Includes a 3v motor so your child can see their creations come to life
✓ It promotes logic, problem solving, imagination and your child’s interest in technology, and eye-hand co-ordination.
The Engino Toy System Inventor series is possibly the most advanced construction toy in the world.
We are very proud to stock and sell the Engino Toy System Inventor series, and we can not wait to see all the inventions your little one creates.Click here to see the full range of Engino, or here to be taken through to the Engino Inventor basic series, which is anything but basic.
Hey??? Yes you heard us right the construction made for little girls. You see there is this story about this engineer by the name of Debbie Sterling, who only discovered engineering at the age of 18.
She was never exposed to building toys, even Lego as a little girl and never thought twice about it. Until she discovered engineering, and then she discovered that 80% of the engineers were male.
Why? Well she figured the answer was simple, no little girls are given construction toys like GoldieBlox. So GoldieBlox was born through the ingenuity of Debra, and the community of Kickstarter.
GoldieBlox is an engineering toy made for little girls. It is a book and construction set, because little girls love to read, and they get to do this with Goldie and her crew of motley friends. As they read along they build and create the same construction sets as Goldie and her friends.
They build what Goldie builds, and at the same time they develop their spatial skills. It is the toy you may have wished you had, and the one toy that helps little girls discover if they would also like to be engineers one day. Even if they don’t, they will develop their spatial skills, be creative when they make their own designs, and love the adventure part of the GoldieBlox story.
GoldieBlox combines spatial skills and reading skills. Which of course develops verbal skill. GoldieBlox was born in San Francisco just over a year ago, and we are proud to help bring it to the world, and your daughter.
Oh yes, did we mention it comes in pink :)
Click here to buy the GoldieBlox construction toy for your little girl.