The Kimochis Educator Toolkit
is the teacher’s edition, and it has everything. It is a brilliant way to bring all of the Kimochis feeling dolls to the classroom.
Schools all over Australia are starting to use Kimochis Educator Toolkit to help children manage and understand emotions. KidzInc has supplied both Child Care Centres and Primary Schools in Australia with Kimochis and the Kimochis Educator Toolkit.
Learning how to deal with emotions at an early age, is invaluable. The Kimochis Educator Toolkitt is the top of the line.
The core beliefs of the Kimochis are that:
1. Everyone Matters
2. Everyone Has Feelings
3. Everyone Wants to belong and be included
4. There is room for everyone at school
5. Everyone makes mistakes
The Kimochis Educator's Tool Kit comes with a
296-page Kimochis Feel Guide: Teacher's Edition
5 Kimochis characters and 29 feelings,
Take-home parent Feel Guide in a sturdy, black bag.
Whether you purchase and individual Kimochi like Bella Rose, or the every popular, moody Cloud. Kimochis are a great way to introduce social-emotional learning (SEL) to children.
The goal of the Kimochis is helping everyone be understood, and to create an environment where everyone can express their feelings.
Some of the activities include practicing tone of voice, body language, and appropriate words.
Kimochis can help children effectively communicate feelings, and as they do they become more confident, and their sense of self and worth builds.
This helps children build better relationships with each other and social and emotional intelligence.
At KidzInc, we love the Kimochis and the we love the Kimochis Educator Toolkit. We feel every child is special and enabling them to share their feelings and feel comfortable to do so is a wonderful gift.
We stock a complete range
from Bella Rose, Love Dove, Cat, Cloud, Mini-Bug right through to the Kimochis Educator Toolkit.
They come in a couple of sizes depending on the age and preference of your child. They are a toy we have only had great feedback on, and we are sure you and your little one will be delighted.
Please Note: Unfortunately Kimochis in the US has ceased distributing these plush toys to the international markets including Australia.
We do suggest the award-winning WorryWoos which are brilliant for developing emotional intelligence in Children. Please click here for the complete range of WorryWoos.
This is a toy that is close to our hearts. Simply because it is all about teaching children about their feelings and emotional intelligence. The Kimochis are one of the best toys we introduced to our store in 2013. Every single parent who has bought them from us, absolutely love them.
Kimochi means “feeling” in Japanese. They are plush toys, like a teddy bear with feelings inside. In the range of Kimochis there are seven little characters. Each one focused on helping your child learn about different feelings, and personality styles.
The seven Kimochis are:
- Kimochis Bug the Caterpillar - Now Bug the caterpillar does not like it when things change. He will hide his wings in his back pocket when feeling unsure and cautious. Bug, of course, has other feelings that he likes to share, and also comes with Happy, Brave, and unfortunately left out :(.
- Kimochis Cat - This little Cat as you might expect has some bossy tendencies :). This means she can spend some time healing hurt feelings. Kimochis the Cat also comes with a Happy, Curious, and Cranky nature.
- Kimochis Cloud - This Cloud is a little moody at times, and can be very unpredictable. Sometimes he will just go from happy to sad. His feelings include Happy, Mad, Sad.
- Kimochis Huggtopous - This little Huggtopous never runs out of cuddles, with so many arms he is happy to cuddle you for days. Although sometimes little Huggtopous can be over affectionate. Huggtopous also comes with the feelings of Happy, Silly, and Frustrated.
- Kimochis Lovey Dove - Well with a name like Lovey Dove, she is just what you imagine nurturing and calm. Now and then though Lovey Dove will worry a little too much, as she comes with a little baby Turtle Dove. Her other feeling include Happy, Proud, and Hopeful. Which are wonderful qualities for any parent to have.
- Kimochis Bella Rose - Bella Rose is sensitive and sweet, and a lovely little companion. Because Bella is sensitive she is not always confident, and comes with the feelings of Insecure, but also the feeling of Happy.
- Kimochis Clover - Kimochis Clover comes with his lucky ladybug Howard. Clover has the feelings Happy, Disappointed, and Optimistic.
The goal of the Kimochis founder is an admirable one. Nina Rapport invented the Kimochis with the purpose of helping parents and children communicate about feelings.
She has achieved this by creating wonderful stories that come with each of the Kimochis. These loveable characters help build confidence and self-esteem through role playing. When the children are being understood, they become more confident expressing their feelings.
It is about your child understanding and being able to communicate their feelings to you or another individual. Kimochis are also about helping your child build the confidence to do so. Identifying what feelings they are having and why.
Each of the Kimochis dolls comes with three separate child safe feelings, and a how to feel guide with parent tips. The fun activities have also been authored by a communication artist.
You are also able to buy a mixed feeling pack, should you wish to buy one Kimochis, but have all of the 33 feelings.
The full range of feelings are Happy, Mad, Sad, Brave, Left Out, Curious, Cranky, Silly, Frustrated, Hopeful, Proud, Optimistic, Disappointed, Sensitive, Insecure, Jealous, Loved, Grateful, Scared, Shy, Kind, Hurt, Sorry, Uncomfortable, Friendly, Sleepy, Surprised, Embarrassed, Guilty, Excited, and there are 3 blank for you to make-your-own.
In terms of communicating feelings to a child, we feel they are the best toy we have to achieve this. We have sold them to teachers and parents alike. Not only is the educational aspect of the toy wonderful, you have to see the quality of each of the Kimochis to appreciate how beautifully they have been made.
You can just tell these feeling Kimochis have all been made with love, and that was the feeling. For the full range including teacher's kit, please click here.